Psiphon 3 is an app that helps you to bypass content filtering and to break the barriers of internet censorship in your PC. Initially, Psiphon was an application which was meant to be used in Android mobile OS platform only. Psiphon used to let the users utilize the internet usage beyond the normal limits. It became so popular among the Android users that people also started looking for the ways so that they can also use Psiphon on theirs PCs. Of late, Psiphon is available on the PC platform and the corresponding computer version of Psiphon is known as Psiphon 3. Click here to download Psiphon 3 from official website.
Psiphon 3 for PC | Download & Installation
Firstly, you need to verify whether your copy of Psiphon 3 for your version of Windows is authentic. Then you need to download the client program and run it. While running the .exe file, you would see a security prompt displaying that the program is a legitimate product of Psiphon Inc. You need to click yes and then it continues to run. It automatically starts connecting when it is run. Afterwards, you need to select one of the multiple tunnel modes displayed: SSH+ (SSH plus obfuscation is a randomized layer on top of SSH to avoid protocol fingerprinting), VPN (L2TP over IPsec), SSH or “Do not proxy domestic websites”. You need to click on “SSH+”. Connection to the Psiphon server is established when the green tick icon gets displayed instead of previously shown blue spinning icon. When you close the program, Psiphon 3 automatically gets disconnected. Again when you click on it, it toggles and gets connected.
Recommended Blog Posts :
Key Features of Psiphon 3 :
- Psiphon 3 is a circumvention tool from Psiphon Inc. which utilizes some internet protocols to provide the users with uncensored access to Internet content.
- It has an intricate network of multiple proxy servers that users can connect to using SSH (secure socket shell) or VPN (virtual private network) connection through HTTP (hyper text transfer protocol) proxy technology. They continuously recirculate and churn their service by adding new servers that have not been blocked yet.
- Psiphon 3 ensures that organizations can not keep blocking them.
- Each of Psiphon 3’s server contains a certificate so that you do not have to get anxious about dangerous or maligning connections.
- Psiphon 3 does not do any security violation. In fact, it does comply with security protocols like VPNs and SSH to ensure robust security.
- It helps to hide both your incoming and outgoing web traffic as it crosses the ISP’s network en-route to its destination.
- Psiphon 3 does not guarantee you any online security or any online privacy. It focuses on unblocking content so that you can browse the overall web completely unrestricted. In brief, it is a free service that is not meant for security enhancement, instead, it is a free way to browse the web absolutely unrestricted.
- Psiphon 3 caters to users from around the world. It is also available in a wide variety of languages.
- Apart from Windows 7/8.1/10, Psiphon is also compatible with Android mobile OS platform.
- It comes with an exhaustive user’s guide (click here to read) as well as a FAQ section in their official website.
- In case you need to contact their support team, you need to approach to them through their software clients.
Working Principle of Psiphon 3:
Psiphon 3 works by connecting the users in an internet restricted country to the users in a non-restricted country. The software needs to be installed on the host computer in the non-restricted country and then the user in the restricted-access country can login to that computer through an encrypted (secure) connection and use it as a proxy to bypass any government filters or any imposed censors. The designers of Psiphon confirmed that there is actually no way to trace the restricted user’s route from their computers but the host computer would know which sites the user has accessed. Psiphon 3 has a unique advantage of being incredibly easy to use. It requires no software on the censored users’ end. Only you need to login to the host and you are all set.
Psiphon 3 is the latest version which is meant for running in PCs and laptops with Windows 7/8.1/10 versions. It has been released in 2016. Psiphon pro 166 APK (version released in 2017) is meant for running in mobile Android OS platform only.
It is a very popular app which has enormously good reviews in official website. Almost every user who has used it, rated it 5 on 5. However, since Psiphon 3 works by connecting to reliable users, people living behind authority restricted internet access would have to be very careful about whom they trust. Bypassing Internet censorship can actually violate cyber laws and therefore it can have legal repercussion for users in various restricted countries.Hence, users should be cautious about this issue. In case, they feel using this app would violate their cyber laws as per their country’s legal parlance, then they should not download or use it.